Friday, January 23, 2009

The Pranksters

I was reading a friend's blog this week and she told about going TP-ing (as an adult, like this week!). It reminded me of a funny story. A guy in our ward, Danny Hirschi, was getting ready to go on his mission and we (my brother John and I and a few other friends in the ward) decided to TP his house the night before he left for the MTC. We must have used 40 rolls. We thought we were being so sneaky. We went after midnight, parked our cars down the street, and tiptoed around as we tossed roll after roll after roll around. The only light on was their porch light so we figured they were sound asleep and we wouldn't get caught. Toilet paper covered their house and yard and cars. Danny's mother was my dear friend who taught me how to make bretzelis. Imagine my surprise when she walked up to me on Sunday and said, "I can't believe you toilet papered our house." I was stunned that she knew it was us (and she didn't seem to think it was as funny as we thought it was--adults never do). I couldn't figure out how in the world she knew it was us and when I asked she said, "My neighbor said 'two redheaded kids TP'd your house'."

12 comments:

jksfam said...

That's a dead give-away!

Anonymous said...

Love that red hair! You stand out from all the rest!

amydear said...

I love how you and your brother have the same haircut! And I love your red hair.

Camille said...

that's not fair! you have awesome hair- it shouldn't have gotten you in trouble!

rebecca said...

trouble maker! :D

LL said...

LAUGHING!!!

Unknown said...

You're funny.
I would have laughed...
BTW--next time you're tempted to make that kind of trouble, call me.
I'll bring my black stocking caps and ski masks... we'll put that red to bed!

Julie said...

my sister went toilet papering once & the house they were TPing was being robbed and the people called the police. When the police came & got the guy he said my sister was with him & so they took her too. The people she was TPing had to come to the police station to tell the police that NO she was TPing their house NOT robbing it!!!

Leslie said...

I remember TPing a house (actually attending a TPing) with you guys while the fellow was getting set apart at the Stake Center. The ENTIRE ward was there. Who was that? The front door was open and we went inside to talk to his siblings?

Anonymous said...

Take a fashion tip from Grandpa Pitchforth--never go outside without wearing a hat!!!
cousin Anita

Wade said...

Is the picture showing us the vast wasteland between John's ears?

micahl said...

ahh!! that reminded me of this YW sleepover we had over at Robilyn's and we went and TPd the ARbons. We thought we were SOOO sneaky. someone decided the last touch on the house should be a tp bow on the doorknob and was just tying it...and Mike, who was probably watching the whole thing and waiting, opened the door and started egging us!! (is that right...it seems like there were eggs involved) and we screamed like...well, like a bunch of girls!