Saturday, January 17, 2009

Home Teacher of the Year


















I'd like to nominate my Home Teacher as Home Teacher of the Year. This morning he helped me put plastic on my window. Let me back up. (1) My last electric bill was $210! Granted everything in my condo is electric but still, that's a lot of money. And, (2) I've mentioned this before but I have one window and it's about 5 feet wide and I don't know, about 16 feet tall. So this was no small task. It involved getting a tall ladder into my condo, taping big pieces of plastic together, putting double sided tape all around the window, covering the window with plastic (attaching it to the tape), trimming the plastic at the top of the window, and using a heat gun to get out the wrinkles in the plastic and seal the window.

I've got a great Home Teacher.

And, here's hoping for many more electric bills under $210.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

That's impressive! I had a hard time doing that on my windows and they were standard size.

Unknown said...

He deserves an award for sure!

Becky said...

LOVE that you have a great home teacher. LOVE that you let him know, too. Great picture.

rebecca said...

I love your window. I'd be sealing it too...that's a big heating bill for your condo. What a very nice HTer.

Amy said...

You really do have an awesome home teacher! What an awesome guy!

Unknown said...

Yikes!
That's a feat.

Anonymous said...

What blessings and treasures he will have in heaven. I sure hope your electric bill is lowered by his heroic efforts. The plastic covering sure helps ours here in Florida, summer and winter.

Last winter we had 1 freeze. This year we've seen like 20 already seven in the past 8 days. A record breaker from waaaay back.
It's warmed up this weekend for Stake Conference, but traveling to choir practice for Billy has been cold. Hoping he dosen't catch pneumonia.

Our peach trees were full of blossoms, now they're are frozen. (o:... Oh well it's been a while since we got enough peaches to make preserves. Two years ago or three, the brown bear came out or the Ocala national forest, in his yearly migration and was seen just across the street so the mystery of our peaches or rather no peaches (not even the pits) was blamed on him. He got on up the road abt 15 miles and caught some redneck's bullet, so this past year same thing happened and we blamed it on that fat squirel that runs up and down the back fence. Again, this year, we won't have any delicious peaches because of the freezes.)o;

Have watched the weather channel and cringed for all the north from east coast to west...

Stay warm, drive defensively and verrry carefully. God bless good home teachers, amen.

jan of nanjan