Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cooking up a resolution













I have "early bird church" this year (8:30am) so I decided that I'm going to try a new recipe every Sunday afternoon. I bake like a mad woman but don't cook anything fancy (fancy = something besides, soup, macaroni & cheese, a microwave burrito, etc.) too often so am going to try some new recipes and enhance my repertoire. Today I'm making either garlic ciabatta bread or a country french omelet (both from the Barefoot Contessa back to basics recipe book).

6 comments:

LL said...

Sounds FUN.
let us know which ones you like most...I need knew recipes!

Becky said...

PLEASE tell me how they turn out! I too need new recipes! :)

jksfam said...

No more WT for you, huh?

Unknown said...

Fun way to spend an afternoon! Happy cooking! BTW--if you don't want to venture into the recipe files but still want to try something new, I have a delish recipe for you that only takes minutes a minimal brain cells that is a great idea for a Sunday afternoon... it's what we had today.

Amy D said...

Ah...Sunday afternoons with early church (though that IS early!). What a fun thing to look forward to. It's definitely better than "Midnight Mass."

Judy said...

Hey, I'm back. Speaking of recipes, I'm still interested in the carrot soup recipe.