Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I call it fabric art


















I got this idea from a friend and decided it would be fun and easy to make fabric art (or fab-art, or fart) for the wall above my living room by my loft/bedroom. I plan to use my favorite fabrics (not all red...I'm starting to like brown!) and 40% off coupons (this 24x30 canvas was $9 at Michaels) and I think I can fit 8 or 9 of them. I'll provide more photos as the wall of fabric art expands.  [I bought this fabric at PurlSoHo in December.]

12 comments:

Becky said...

FUN! Can't wait to see the expansion! :) Can you have it done by Friday? ;)

amydear said...

Am I your friend? I know you have LOTS of them, but I just did this, so I'm hoping it's me!

Unknown said...

Diggin it!

Rae said...

Lovin' your "fart"!!! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself!!)

Unknown said...

Are you stretching the fabric on a frame? It's cool.

Wayne said...

Isn't that how wallpaper got started? :)

It looks good!

Kristin said...

I love it! I have been looking for canvas, but didn't want to pay full price....thanks for the tip!

Karen said...

Great idea! Very creative EP!

shellydinger said...

What a beautiful way to use up all that fabric that I love too much to cut. If only I had as much wall space as you do.

aMs said...

I did this in my guest bedroom! I was trying to think of a cheap way to decorate.

Janika said...

Might as well enjoy looking at your stash while waiting for the perfect project--or maybe this is the perfect project?!! So glad to hear you are starting to like brown. It's one of my favorites too.

Shannon said...

Maybe it's the late hour, but you shortening it to "fart" is making me laugh hysterically. I seriously can't stop.