Saturday, January 03, 2009

Miss Portland Diner



































I read this article six weeks ago and since then have been wanting to eat at the Miss Portland Diner! My friends Jenn and Alicia and I went today. We enjoyed a nice lunch (I got a hot turkey open faced sandwich with onion rings) and the place was hopping. The owner was there and I really wanted to talk to him but didn't (when did I turn shy?). It was a fun adventure. After lunch we went to see the Portland Head Light. I only got out of the car long enough to take a few photos (when did I turn wimpy?). After a stop at Arby's for drinks we ventured south to Ogunquit and went to one of my very favorite antique shops. I've been wanting an old chair to put old books on. Alicia found a black one for me that was 50% off and only cost me $13. The chair is over 150 years old! It was a great day with great friends in the great state of Maine.

12 comments:

Jodi and Jesse said...

So sad I missed it! Glad you had a good time.

gigi said...

Sounds like such a fun day!

Christy Parry said...

I AM sad I missed it! Can we go again in warmer weather???

Becky said...

LOVE diners. Would you recommend this one?

rebecca said...

How fun. I'd love to see a photo of your chair/book set up. I love that look.

Unknown said...

It was a fun day and I am still excited about that chair. It needs to make an appearance on the blog!

Unknown said...

Yes! We want the chair! We want the chair! (Can we please see?) You are the adventure woman. I'm signing up with you, because I'm due for an adventure, and you have some good ones.

jksfam said...

I guess the New Year made you shy and wimpy... I agree - picture of the chair!

Shannon said...

I don't actually know you, BUT, I had this awful pang of jealousy and homesickness of the picture of Portland Head Light! I lived in South Portland until the summer I turned eleven and Ft. Williams is one of my favorite places in the whole world!!!

Camille said...

hi ellen! shannon (the girl who made the comment before me) is one of my friends from maine/byu. that's funny she left a comment, but that's what maine can do to a person! sounds like you had a great day!!! another diner you'll HAVE to try is Becky's Diner in Portland. They give out (or sell) bumper stickers that say, "Becky's Dinah, Nothin' Finah!"

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, Thanks for coming to visit the Miss Portland Diner. I hope that you'll say hi next time! Best, Stefanie Manning (wife of owner)

海瓜子Andy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.