Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More honesty

One of my dear friends and faithful readers ("Sister") shared this story with me today:

One year I bought 4 chairs for the bar in the yard. They were $25.00 each. I said I wanted 4 of them. They gave me one set of 4 in a large box (assembly required). The young girl rang them up and said $25.00. Sister, this could have been a great deal, but all I could think about was that this was going to come out of her pay when she was short at the end of the day. Right away, I told her that $25.00 was wrong. She had to get a manager to fix it. After he fixed it, he went over to the plant section and came back with some flowers for me. He was very grateful. I remember thinking - flowers just for doing the right thing?


4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

It is kind of sad how people are so grateful for honesty.

Anonymous said...

that's a cute story. i think i would cry if someone gave me flowers

Julie said...

A few years ago I went shopping on Black Friday for a PS2 that was on sale for $199.99 as a package deal if I bought "Grand Theft Auto" (this was cheaper than if I had bought the PS2 without the game so it was worth it even though I wanted to immediately throw the game in the trash!). Since it was a doorbuster the girl had to enter the price in manually and she missed a 9 and rang it up for $19.99...I was bad and didn't look at the receipt until I got home. I called the store and they asked if I would come back in...on Black Friday. Argh! I did and they let me exchange the game for ANYTHING I wanted! They couldn't believe that I came back in & were VERY happy!

Sweetpea said...

It's amazing sometimes how people are shocked when you are honest about money. But, they are shocked in a good way. So, keep it up!