Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Growing up with the Bradys

There was an article in today's Boston Globe about the 40th anniversary of the first "The Brady Bunch" show.







I remember that we were planning to go to the L.A. County Fair on a Friday night (it must have been September 26, 1969) and it was the same night as the first Brady Bunch show. I really really wanted to watch the show. I think I was given the option of choosing the TV show or the fair. I chose the Fair. I was excited about The Brady Bunch but loved going to the L.A. County Fair every year. My favorite things at the fair were looking in all the new motor homes and the baking exhibits (duh). We never went on any rides and I don't remember getting overloaded on too much "fair food". I think I made the right choice going to the Fair (especially because now I can get all The Brady Bunch I want through Netflix). The Brady Bunch was definitely one of my very favorite shows. Remember when Alice erased the recipe off the chalk board but one of the kids had taken a photo so they enlarged it and got the recipe?

Brady brushes with Fame: Jan Brady showed up at Mulholland Jr. High one day (her friend was a fellow student) and Cindy Brady was behind me in line once at the ice skating rink.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of Fairs...

When are we going to the Big E???

Swoopref said...

You went ice skating???

African Kelli said...

Loved that show!!

Unknown said...

La la la la....
(Now you've got me humming the song)
;)

Blue said...

When I moved to Utah a few years ago, I was excited to find out that Mike Lookinland lives in my ward. Who knew the youngest Brady boy was raised Mormon? (note, he's not active, and I have never actually seen him...my initial excitement over the matter aside).