Saturday, September 26, 2009

As Sisters in Zion

Tonight I went to the General Relief Society Meeting. It was wonderful. I loved the music and the talks and that our entire Stake was invited to watch in one place (our building in Belmont). I'm looking forward to reading the talks, soaking in the messages again and adjusting to calling everything a "Relief Society meeting"!

Eleven years ago I was in Florida. My sister-in-law Kim and I didn't go to the Women's Broadcast because my brother Robes was on his "death bed" that weekend. The doorbell rang late that Saturday night and when I opened the door there were a group of sisters from the Boca Raton Ward there to see Kim. I went and got her and Kim stood in the doorway as her friends sang "As Sisters in Zion" to her. It was one of the most thoughtful and kind things I have ever witnessed. I think of that experience every time I hear "As Sisters in Zion". And I thought of it tonight as the choir sang that beautiful song.

3 comments:

Angi said...

I don't want to brag after your touching story but it relates...the choir director was my choir director in Jr./High School...she's awesome. And so are thoes sweet florida ladies.

LL said...

i love that song.
what a sweet thing for them to do!

Unknown said...

I love that song too~my favorite line fits your story:
"The errand of angels is given to women"