Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BE honest

When we were kids we went to Sav-on on day with my mom (Nan) to buy a case of canned tuna that was on sale (and probably some other items).  I still remember the man at the store multiplying the price of the tuna on the box using a pen.  When we got home Nan realized that the man had undercharged her.  She piled us in the station wagon and went back to Sav-on to pay the money she owed the store.  The man was insulted that she implied he had made a mistake.  She was happy to teach us about being honest.

Last Friday I bought 4 discount movie tickets at work.  When I got them out to give two of them as a birthday gift I had been given 6 tickets.   Today I went back to return the 2 extra tickets.  The guy thanked me and said he had been short 2 tickets.  I'm glad I was honest.

7 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Honest is best!

Becky said...

Good story! :) Make you feel good, huh?

Shauna said...

The world needs more moms like yours and more people like you!

allegra said...

love it. way to go!! a few months back when i was in target, as we were walking out to the parking lot after shopping, i noticed that max had grabbed a candy bar and we hadn't paid for it (sneaky little guy. must have grabbed it quick at checkout.) i went back in to pay for it, and the teenager running the register looked at me like i was CRAZY that i went back into the store. he's like, "oh, just keep it! no big deal!" i said, "no, i want to pay for it!" and he basically wouldn't let me:) i probably should have been grateful that i got a free candy bar, but i was more annoyed that he was forcing me to be dishonest. haha

LL said...

love those moments.
I'm always suprised to see how SHOCKED the people are when you return the item.
GOOD FOR YOU President EP

Unknown said...

ep, you're a good do-be
:)

Camille said...

that's my RS pres!