Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday night movie night













My friends and I were set to see the new "Fame" movie tonight and then I got email today from one friend saying she had to see "Bright Star". [The drama is based on the three-year romance between 19th century poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne, which was cut short by Keats' untimely death at age 25.] My friend loves tragic movies and this one did not disappoint. It is very good (the Boston Globe gave it ***1/2 stars--and they are usually right on). I loved Fanny's dresses and that she sewed some of them herself. It's a great movie.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I still can't stop thinking about it. Such a fabulous movie

Unknown said...

I just {JUST!) picked up my daughter's 8-year-old friend, and she and her mom were raving about Fame. I guess after reading your thoughts, I ought to take it more seriously. I'm picturing the 80's leg warmers and slo-mo beads of sweat.

LL said...

you're a PARTY ANIMAL!!!
another one to add to my growing list. I need to get out more :)

Melanie said...

This is out already?? It is on my "to see" list.

What did you think of Ben Whitshaw as Keats? I have seen him in two things, both of which I didn't care for, but I am not sure that it was his fault on either occasion (weeeell, it might have been his fault for Brideshead, but not JUST him.)

amydear said...

I've been hearing all about this one. Can't wait to see it -- and Fame too.