Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall favorite #3













This is Robert Frost's summer home in Ripton, Vermont (I took this photo about 5 years ago). As in Robert Frost of "The Road Not Taken".

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

3 comments:

Swoopref said...

A great one for sure... I also like the one about the easy wind and downy flake.

Yes, I know a few poems... (not just limericks either)

Wendster said...

I like the poem! but I LOVE the picture.

You sure are an artist with your camera.

Unknown said...

I like the fact that you took a chance on that road to Boston years ago...
what a difference a change in direction can make!
Lovely photo.