Sunday, September 20, 2009

Guess who showed up at Sunday School?



















This is Kip Thompson. The second bishop of the Arlington Ward. He's a legend! I looked up today during Sunday School and saw him upstairs through a window. I excused myself from the class and went to find him. He lives in Texas and travels ALL over the world for his job. Whenever I see him my favorite thing to ask him is "Where have you been lately?" And I hear something like this: I was in India for 3 days and then went to China for 18 hours. Then I went to Brazil for 2 days, Argentina for a day and then spent a day in Washington, DC. He's a high-powered guy at a big computer company. I was the president of the Young Women when he was bishop and have a lot of fun memories (and funny stories). He and his family made huge contributions to the church here and they are still missed. Kip is a great guy and it made my day to see him!

4 comments:

Rachel S. said...

What brought him to Boston?

Sweetpea said...

I remember the youth trip that we had with the "Perfect Brightness of Hope" theme when Kip was bishop and you were YW Pres. That was a dynamo team!

Swoopref said...

... and I missed him.

Unlucky work day for me.

Anonymous said...

india? i wonder if he missed Ian's birthda too? ha!

he looks like a fantastic man.