Saturday, August 18, 2007

A visit to Neighborly Neighbors















































Neighborly Neighbors are still neighborly but they aren't my neighbors any more. This weekend I went to visit them in a beautiful part of New Jersey. Friday night on my way there I stopped in Connecticut and picked up their 3 kids (from their cousins' house) and drove them to New Jersey (the parents were at a party in Manhattan). I was kind of nervous driving their "precious cargo" (my parents used to call us that) but I made all the right turns, skirted around Manhattan, and we arrived safely. We started Saturday with lemon ricotta pancakes and then hit the road. We picked apples and peaches -- I'd never picked peaches before -- at a really cool farm celebrating their 85th birthday! They had free hot dogs and free corn (the corn was delicious) and we each had a yummy donut for dessert. After that we drove all over the area and made a quick stop at a quilt shop (I googled "New Jersey quilt shops" in preparation for the trip). It was fun to see this part of New Jersey. Seriously, it's beautiful. Very green, lovely homes, and charming towns. The Jesus Saves sign on an old building caught my eye. It was a really nice New Jersey day.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

We lived across the street from "Praise the Lord Dental" in Manhattan. I wondered when and who praised? By the patient when the dental work was done or when the dentist got paid?

Melanie said...

My dad always said "precious cargo" to me when I was driving my brother and sisters around when I was younger. :-)

Diana said...

There's a GodLoves Liquors in Hagerstown, Maryland (near my hometown in PA). Really? God loves liquor? I had no idea!

Sweeney Household said...

Oh, your trip made me excited to make the journey to Jersey! Both the Ures and Jersey are beautiful!

Wendster said...

I have friends in Tuckerton New Jersey. When I visited them we saw all the way down to Cape May. Since I drove from Manhattan to visit them, I saw the north part of New Jersey as well ... and since I got lost and LEFT the turnpike and couldn't turn around for about 20 miles, I saw the WEST side of New Jersey as well! ha. yes, I agree with you. New Jersey is beautiful.