Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cruisin' in the hahbah





















Last night's cruise in the Boston Harbor and along the Charles River was really fun. I saw some old friends and made a new friend (no, not Mr. Right--he wasn't there). It was a beautiful night with perfect weather. Karl Haglund was a great guide and has a long interest in urban design and a thorough understanding of the historical context from which the Charles River Basin emerged. Karl shared lots of interesting stories.

When I was at BYU if I ever called home to complain about something (imagine that?), my mother, Nan (a U of U graduate) would say, "I didn't pick that school." Well, last night was very enjoyable and made me realize--yet again--that I'm glad I picked this place!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe Mr. Right will come along for you, big red EP, and when you least expect it!

Anonymous said...

Lots of people here are glad you picked this place as well...

Wendster said...

hmmmmmmmm.... anonymous posters! Maybe one of them is secretly Mr. Right? Hiding out as a "lurker" until he gets his courage up? And he says he's glad you picked this place to live and that he will come along when you least expect it. . . ? Hmmmmmm .... sounds pretty encouraging to me! Get a move on Mr. Right.

Unknown said...

the cruise was a blast! i am glad we got to go.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Looks like so much fun!!