Friday, August 03, 2007

New cookies













I found this recipe on a blog and I can't remember which one (AND I'm having more computer problems so I can't access my favorite blogs and recipes right now so I can't give credit where credit is due). I made them last night (yes, at midnight) and they are YUMMY!

Chocolate Swirls

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 pkg (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl combine sugars, butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms. Fold melted chocolate chips into dough until lightly marbled (do not overmix).

Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool completely before storing.

5 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Looks like another winner from the "Made at Midnight" kitchen! (Question: How can you stand baking in this heat?)

Jamie said...

These are delicious - they're from Jane Maynard's blog

Wendster said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm.. .. fluffay!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great cookie. :) Thank you, Made at Midnight!

jane maynard said...

hi ellen! so glad that you mad them...hamster already figured out where the recipe came from, but I just have to say that I love these cookies so much and I'm glad that you tried them! someone's reading my blog! :)