Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Visitor

The Palmyra Temple open house was seven years ago and I was interested in going (Palmyra is 400 miles from here). My friends Cary and Suzy Jensen live in Rochester and they offered the guest room in their basement so I stayed with them. They had 5 kids at the time (they now have 6). Four boys and one girl. I think Samantha turned five years old that very weekend. I enjoyed getting to know their kids a bit better and laughing about the good old days (my family and Cary's family grew up about 45 minutes from each other--see photo on this blog entry). The next morning Cary said Samantha had been looking around for me and asked "where is The Visitor?"

Tonight I went to visit two new families in our ward. I love welcoming people to the Arlington Ward/Boston area. It's fun to get to know them better and hear their stories about how they ended up here (everyone has a story). I leave their homes feeling like I have more new friends.

Call me "The Visitor".

3 comments:

jksfam said...

You're a GREAT visitor. My life's definitely blessed for knowing you!

amydear said...

Come visit me! ap

Wendster said...

You can visit me ANY time!!! We'll swim in my son's pool. On a good day it's 3 feet deep. Freshness of the water? Questionable. I'll empty it and put in fresh when you tell me you're on your way.