Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cookies by the dozen

I promised my coworker yesterday that I was going to make a treat. I'm a day late but I know these cookies will be a big hit at work. And, yes, they were Made at Midnight!
















Grammy's Chocolate Cookies
From the Martha Stewart 2001 Holiday Cookies Magazine

2 cups plus 2 T flour
3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
10 ounces (2½ sticks) butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 t vanilla

Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour and cocoa mixture; beat to combine. Chill for about 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350. Shape dough into balls and roll in sanding sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool for 5 minutes. Makes 3½ dozen.

5 comments:

Minna Dyer said...

Wow! Lots of butter...I think I'll try them!

Cami said...

I crave these cookies often, and then I wish I had d.p. cocoa and sanding sugar on hand. Time to do some online shopping...

Diana said...

If by co-worker, you mean me...then I'm going to be one happy camper today at work!

Melanie said...

The cookies are tasty; although I don't know if they make up for the crazy on the telephone!! ;-)

Wendster said...

dutch process what? The only word I recognized was cocoa. ha. Dutch processed sounds really really cool though. Sounds .... ummy.
Did you see that I posted bag photos? Hmmm ... you cook at midnight ... I blog at midnight. Night owls.