Friday, January 11, 2008

Dinner and a Ticket











[I did not take this photo but I could have.]

I recently read in the Boston Globe Magazine about this new take-out Mexican restaurant in Cambridge called Olecito and some friends and I decided to try it out tonight. We met there at 6:00pm. They found a parking place in one of those park-and-then-pay-and-put-the-ticket-in-your-window lots. I found a parking place on the street which was resident only parking. My friend suggested we switch places which we did (they have a Cambridge resident parking sticker). Then we found out the restaurant hasn't even opened yet so we went to Olecito's parent restaurant, Ole (can you even do accent marks in blogger?), which is right across the street. They assured us that Olecito will be opening soon (we'll be going back to try it out when it does open).

We started out with chips and fresh guacamole that they made right next to us and then ordered Mexican Tapas: crepas a la Mexicana, scallops al ajillo, tacos de camarones and scallops ensalada. We had "xango" for dessert which is fried cheesecake burrito with cinnamon sugar coating and vanilla bean ice cream. The fish tacos and dessert were my favorites but WOW--it was all delicious!! My friends treated me to dinner and when we got out to my car it had a ticket on the window and my friend grabbed it and said she'd take care of it.

Lucky me -- I got dinner and a ticket (paid for)!

5 comments:

Wendster said...

My oh my! I got too pre-occupied with my own resolutions and forgot to visit other blogs. Cuz we do things like that at 12:30 at night, I think. ha. That mexican restaurant sounded GREAT. Mmm mmm mmmmmm!!! And I love the belly picture. And I loved Robes' human interest article. I did try something similar with my kids, and they mostly do their own laundry, but I still help once in a while. And Pioneer Woman. When I have more time I am SO going over there. Wow! What a donation check! How do so many people find a blog? That is AMAZING! And your pictures are so amazing that you DEFINITELY should do a calendar! I'd buy one! I'd be first in line, too!!! And if you donate a portion, that makes it more "OK" for visiting bloggers to buy one, because they are doing good in the world. Wow. CNN huh? Or whatever station you said. Amazing. I like your blog ALOT! I think you could get that kind of traffic.
And thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comments. Because I too wish to become a fabulous writer ... and these beginning stages ... well ... the support is super. Have a great weekend Ellen!

Anonymous said...

You have awesome friends!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh.....this sounds delish! I have to tell ya...I love your disclaimer under the photo! LOL! So funny!

Chelsi Ritter said...

wow. i really hope i get my mexican appetite back soon because that place sounds terrific!

Melanie said...

Ole is great, and they make a mean margarita!! But the guacamole is OUTSTANDINGLY wonderful!

Glad you had such a fine time!