Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Made at Midnight

If I ever open a bakery, it's going to be called "Made at Midnight" because I love baking at midnight! My boss from a few jobs ago had this cartoon made for me. The artist is named John Bush. I really like his work and was pleasantly surprised when I received this gift! I have it hanging in my kitchen. Tonight I'm baking Black Bottom Cupcakes (see recipe below). I got the recipe from my friend Cristi that lived in Boston when I moved here. They are yummy and very easy to make. Notice the before and after photos.









Black Bottom Cupcakes

Mix well and set aside: 1 8oz. cream cheese (softened), 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/8 t. salt, 1 small pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips

In separate bowl mix together: 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 t. baking soda, 1/2 t. salt

Combine and add to dry ingredients: 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil, 1 T vinegar, 1 T vanilla

Fill baking cups half full with chocolate batter. Top each with a generous spoonful of cream cheese batter. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 16 cupcakes.

3 comments:

African Kelli said...

those sound so, so good!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellen,
It's Richard from Richard Ervin's office. I just wanted to say that the cupcakes look delicious and tell you how much you and your baked goods are missed here.
Things sure have changed a lot and quickly. The only people left are Bob and Abbey.
I was glad to see that you are still using that picture, "Made at Midnight." It suits you so well.
Stay Sweet,
Rich

Melanie said...

Those were really delicious. Thank you for bringing them in and sharing them with your unmotivated to exercise colleagues!