Monday, January 21, 2008

I had a dream and a goal













I started this quilt many months ago. I've had 40 completed squares sitting around (I should have photographed them before I started sewing today). It's Denyse Schmidt's "hop skip and jump" pattern with lots of red reproduction fabric (my fave) and quilter's muslin. I've been wanting to finish this project and a few weeks ago I decided to work on it today (the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday) because I would have a big chunk of time and I wanted to complete it in one sitting. The quilt top is done!!! I'm SEW excited! Now I need to find someone to do the machine quilting, I'll bind it and it will go on the wall above my piano. I can't wait to have it completely finished and on the wall! It will be a dream come true.




17 comments:

rebecca said...

GEORGEOUS! It'll look perfect on your wall.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! It is so pretty! Be sure and show us when it is hanging on your wall! Peggy in AZ

balmforth.family said...

you go girl! If I knew what I was supposed to sew I would help. It will look awesome on your wall!

Jodi and Jesse said...

Wow, it turned out so great. I love it! I can't wait to see it on your wall.

Watauga Relief Society said...

Beautiful! I love it :)

Wendster said...

Ooooh! That really is beautiful!!! It will be PERFECT in your room. The blacks, the reds, the contrast above the darkness of the piano. NICE.

Leslie said...

I know several machine quilters in Mass. and the surrounding states. Let me know if you don't know someone and I will get you their names. CUTE QUILT!

Kristen said...

I love it Ellen. The quilt looks like a piece of modern art and will be a great conversation piece in your living room.
Kristeb

Tiffany said...

I love your quilt, it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

I think it will look great on that part of your wall.

Hope you have a tall ladder!

Elisabeth said...

The quilt is so cool!

Anonymous said...

What are the dimensions of the quilt, Ellen?

Kristin said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to see it!

African Kelli said...

so proud of you! That quilt is just beautiful. And I love the simple color scheme.

Melanie said...

wow! I love it!

Amy D said...

That quilt is so YOU! I love it!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

so great! I want you to walk around and video your place! Inside and out!