Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I just got off my treadmill so I'm starting the new year right!

I went to Princeton (Mass.) last night to see friends. We had fun eating, playing games (I had $1,000,000 in my suitcase the first time I played "Deal or No Deal"), watching a movie (Mission Impossible 3) and seeing the ball drop in Times Square. It started to snow during breakfast this morning so I grabbed my bag and headed home.

Here are some New Year's memories: Sleeping over at the Rose Parade with our friends "the Jensens". We would usually stay up all night playing games, eating treats, and watching people. And there's no parade like the Rose Parade. Spending New Year's Eve 1987 with Robes, Kim and Ian (3 months old) in Jacksonville. While Robes was working at the Gator Bowl we went to see a movie. Going to First Night in Boston with the youth from church. We had fun running around the city and seeing the ice sculptures. Sending my traditional "Happy New Year" fax to Robes. He was always away working at a bowl game so I would send him a fax to his hotel. Youth/Young Adult New Year's Eve dances in a southern California mall. There was always loud music, good food and plenty of friends to hang out with.

I've been working on my list of resolutions for 2008. It's going to be a good year! I wish everyone "things great in 2008!"

2 comments:

Amy D said...

Happy New Year, Ellen! We think you're great!

Melanie said...

You've inspired me! I'm going to go hop on my treadmill right now!