Saturday, January 30, 2010

Google: Antique stores Portland Maine











































This is one of the sites that pops up: Portland Architectural Salvage. My friend Elisabeth and I went to Maine today. We met a friend for lunch at the Miss Portland Diner. Stopped at Portland Head Light. Visited a quirky fabric store (it might have been 8 feet wide). And did some antiquing. Portland Architectural Salvage is a very interesting store. They sell architectural elements, antiques and decorative accessories (12,000 square feet of them). I saw some really cool things -- lots of cabinets with drawers (from printing companies, post offices, libraries, etc.). I found some vintage cook books, a cake stand, and some old pinking shears at two of my favorite antique shops. We stopped at McDonald's for an ice cream parfait (even though it was bitter cold) which reminded me of where I met my friend Jean. It was a good Maine day.

2 comments:

LL said...

I WANT TO GO THERE!
looks and sounds like such a great store. I might have to share this idea with the Farmer.

Peggy in AZ said...

Wasn't it kinda cold? Looks like my kind of place.