Thursday, January 21, 2010

Out to dinner














My friend Christina is moving to Mesa in a few weeks so we went to dinner the other night. She suggested Tupelo (as in Tupelo, Mississippi where Elvis was born) which was a great choice. We tried the pan fried catfish and braised beef brisket--both were delicious. And those cheddar grits? Yum. I ordered key lime pie for dessert which I had for dessert and for breakfast the next morning. I'm definitely going back to Tupelo. The food was delicious and the service was good.

Note: A few years ago I found out that one of my coworkers (in a different department) was from Seattle and I suggested that we go to lunch since we had The West Coast in common. While at lunch she asked where I went to college and when I told her BYU she said, "Christina went to BYU." After lunch I went over to Christina's office and said, "Sister Davis?" We've been buddies ever since.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I believe that the head chef at Tupelo is the son of Charlotte Gibbs, who used to work at Gray House. :)

Unknown said...

You're funny, ep.
You make me laugh.
:)

Unknown said...

Where in Mesa is she moving?! You are FUNNY.