Thursday, January 14, 2010

I love mail


















I love sending mail almost as much as I love getting mail. There is something so nice about opening the mailbox and seeing something besides a bill! And it's nice to find the perfect article to send a friend or to hand write a letter and mail it. Sometimes I see people using their cell phones or texting and I think why don't they just write a letter? One of my favorite things to do is write Mormon missionaries. And I don't use the pouch or email. I send real mail.

Write some letters this year. I dare you!

Note: Photo taken in New York City, 12/09

7 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I agree, although I am not good about sending letters. But, because of this post I will make it a new goal!

Thanks!

Alecia said...

I accept your dare, Ellen! I love to write, too. Though, I am not as prolific as you.

Unknown said...

One of my favorite things to do...
I will!

gigi said...

I love mail too!!! And I have received some great mail from you and I appreciate your thoughts and actions :)
Happy weekend.

Becky said...

I love to write notes and send them. It's a dying art that I refuse to let go of. Love live the snail mail. :)

Sweetpea said...

We've been writing letters to missionaries on fast Sundays. I love it! I have tons of old stationary that was my grandmother's. I agree that real mail is awesome. I wrote a letter for every day that R was in Iraq, and it was amazing. He didn't write back as much, but when he did, it sure made my day! And I can attest to your amazing letter-writing skills. It always touched me how you never forgot my birthday, sent me articles, or other things, it made me feel so loved! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I try to write a letter once a week. Everyone loves getting mail!