Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Dryest skin of the day

I had appointments with the dental hygienist and dermatologist today. I was encouraged to floss more ("try Monday, Wednesday and Friday") and was told I had the dryest skin the dermatologist had seen that day (and she even saw a "really old man"). On a good note, she sprayed TEN pre-cancerous spots on my face with liquid nitrogen (ouch--it stings!) as opposed to 18 the last time I went (I count and keep track). I bought this lotion on my way home and have already used it. Should I add flossing and Cetaphil to my List of 50?!

7 comments:

gigi said...

I'm going tomorrow to try and find some of this, I need it now.

B Flat Major said...

Um, your dentist told you to floss 3 days a week? What? Mine makes me do it every day. I need to find a more relaxed dentist, I guess. :-)

(He has a sign in his office that says, "You don't need to floss your teeth. Just the ones you want to keep.")

Leslie said...

I went to the dermatologist this last month too. No spots. One itty bitty wart on my thumb removed. But he recommended Cetafil too. He said best thing you can buy. He uses the cream. I'm just using the lotion.

Flossing is the same story.

Getting old isn't for sissies, as my mom says.

Melanie said...

I love Cetaphil wash. I have been using it since high school and it makes your skin clean without over drying.
I am surprised that your dermatologist didn't suggest a daily moisturizer with sunscreen if you are doing pre-cancer screening. (My dad has had a bunch of those taken off; the curse of the fair skin that I inherited.) I highly recommend Oil of Olay complete (sensitive). It really works as both a sunscreen and a moisturizer, has no odor, and is very light and non irritating.

Unknown said...

YES!(you should)
2010=a healthier you

Jim and Lisa said...

Has the Cetaphil been working? My hands have been pretty cracked and bleeding the last little bit and I need to find something that works!

Leslie Walker said...

I have horribly dry skin, and I finally found (after years of scratching all winter) the greatest lotion at Trader Joes! (Do you have those in Boston?) It's called A Midsummer Nights Cream--awesome. I can't believe what a difference it makes. I have to get it in California or Arizona.