Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Watch out













Last night my watch got caught on my shirt and the band broke and then soon after the battery died (crazy coincidence?!). I love wearing a watch; in fact, today I looked at my wrist to see what time it was about a dozen times. I decided that it was probably easier to buy a new watch than try to get to a repair shop (full-time jobs can get in the way). After work I went to a few stores at the mall and didn't find the watch I wanted. I remembered that this morning I had seen an on-line ad for Timex watches at Kohls so I went there next hoping they had what I wanted. They didn't. But they sold batteries and watchbands. So I dropped $14.81 and my watch is like brand new.

11 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I have to have a watch too! I wore my old one so long that it lost its finish against my skin and I had put clear polish on it so many times that it was givign me a rash on my wrist. But it took me a long time to find a new one that I liked, so I just kept using it, I can't go without one!

LL said...

hey. EP! what time is it???

Becky said...

SCORE! You always find a way. I love the simplicity of your watch.

Melanie said...

In case something happens in the future, Target has a nice selection of Timex watches. (I know this because I always have to tell myself that I can't buy any because I have too many watches.)

Unknown said...

$14.81 well spent.

Rachel S. said...

I think I used to have the same watch. Then it died. But I always wear my watch - can't live without it.

amydear said...

All THREE of my watched have dead batteries. I really need to get them replaced! But I'm so out of the habit of wearing a watch now that I don't know if I can do it again.

Cherry Blossoms said...

I found you through Natalie Hills Blog "Mormon in Manhattan" I just wanted to let you know I have started a blog for her father named "Prayers for Daddy Hill" Please stop by and become a blog follower and make sure you leave a "get well" comment for Daddy Hill!

http://prayersfordaddyhill.blogspot.com

Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love that watch! I love wearing one too, especially if I'm at school or going out somewhere. They're cute and convenient.

Amy J in SC said...

Love my Timex and misplaced it for the last few days. I know it's around here somewhere. I too have looked at my wrist several times over the past couple of days.

Swoopref said...

A guy sold me a watch in NY City... just like in the movies he said: "Wanna buy a watch?" and opened up a briefcase chock full of watches. After I bought it I got the heck out of there!