Monday, October 12, 2009

One weekend in Maine...






















































































My friends and I had a great long weekend in Boothbay Harbor, Maine--one of my favorite places in the whole wild world. We enjoyed a late night stop at L.L. Bean (I love my new green fleece jacket), lots of good food (we each tried a new recipe), a game of Phase Ten (I won), movies (no trip is complete without Pride & Prejudice), sightseeing, shopping (my friends bought me a red "Got Lobster?" t-shirt), a yummy lobster roll, antiquing (I found 4 Pyrex tea cups and some cool books for a dollar each), and lots of relaxing. There's no place like Condo but the red cottage in Maine is a close second.

12 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds SO fun and relaxing. I'm feeling a little jealous up here at Hotel DHMC! Glad you had fun - you deserve it. :)

Taylor said...

sounds fabulous. I love your green fleece jacket too (and L.L. Bean:)

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great time. What version of that movie do you watch?

Janae said...

Oh, I love that place too. And I love being there with you. Great pictures. Wish I could have been there!

amydear said...

Beautiful! Love that pic of the trees. Glad you had a great time. I never went to the red cottage.

Melanie said...

I wish I could have been there and I love your green fleece too.

Smilin' sunshine said...

sounds marvelous!

Chelsi Ritter said...

oooh, fun! i'm glad you had enough fun for the both of us :)

Sweeney Household said...

We can be twinner cousins - I got the same shade green for my rain coat. :) I'm glad you WON Phase 10. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Camille said...

that's my home state you're talking about! i can't seem to get enough of it, either- i was up there this past weekend. boothbay harbor is certainly a special place!

Melanie said...

LL Bean is the best!! Love your photos. I can't wait for our leaves to start to turn colors.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo of the fall leaves. As much as I hated the trees when we first moved there I am missing them this time of year.
Chandra