Friday, October 16, 2009

I made granola! What will I do next?!

I made granola tonight for the first time. I like it! I really like it! I used parts of these two recipes:

Saralynn's Granola
8+ cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 cup wheat germ or crushed bran or corn flakes
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans or other nuts, optional
1 cup sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
1 cup honey
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups dried fruit (raisins, craisins, pineapple, dates)

In a very large bowl combine oats, cinnamon, flakes, coconut, nuts and
seeds. In small saucepan heat oil and honey until very runny. Take
off heat and add vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir until well
coated. Spread on greased cookie sheets with rims. Bake at 350 F for
about 30 minutes or until honey and oil are absorbed and granola is
toasty brown. Stir once or twice while baking. Cool in pans and stir
once or twice while cooling. When cool, stir in dried fruit in a
large bowl. Store in airtight container.


Judianne's Granola
12 cups old fashioned oats
4 1/2 cups nuts (pecans, almonds)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup honey
3 t. vanilla

Combine dry ingredients. Heat oil, honey and vanilla but do not boil. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and toss together. Bake a quarter of it at a time on a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Invite me over to eat some!!

LL said...

WONDER WOMAN!!!!!!!

Elisabeth said...

That sounds good, I need to make some of that. I love Saralynn, she's the best!