Friday, October 30, 2009

Stake Conference at Trinity Church














Tonight was the Cambridge Massachusetts Stake Conference adult session which was held at Trinity Church. Our Stake Center is under construction and none of the buildings are big enough for Stake meetings. I'm not sure how it happened that we got to use Trinity Church but it was really cool to hear an apostle speak (M. Russell Ballard) and the choir sing in such a beautiful historic building. Pardon the crappy photo and I probably shouldn't have taken a picture inside the church anyway (sorry Trinity!). Stake Conference on Sunday will be held at the beautiful historic Copley Marriott.

10 comments:

Sherie said...

wow, that was quick! Wasn't the building just gorgeous?! It was so wonderful to be there.

Camille said...

what a night to remember!

Alecia said...

Feel free to cross the street and enter Old South Church. You can take photos there anytime!

Unknown said...

So sad to miss it! Claire has great memories of singing there with Simon. What a great night.

Anonymous said...

i bet it was UH-mazing

jane maynard said...

that is so neat!!!

symphonyofdissent said...

I made an audio recording of the talk which is posted on my blog if anyone wants to download it. Its really poor quality though. I have the other talks as well if anyone wants a particular one.

Boston Paynes said...

Thats amazing !! We always joke about living in Cambridge 1st ward and going to church on Mass Ave, the Prospect church I think. The best part was having to go early to take down the crosses & the collection plate before the meetings started. Man those were good times.

Sweetpea said...

Cool! I'm jealous. And I thought it was cool to have Stake Conference at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. I bet my Dad was THRILLED!

Marilyn said...

Wow, how beautiful. That is what I love most about New England, the incredible architecture. I can never get too much of it.