Friday, October 16, 2009

Old friends













My friends the Daniels called this week and said they'd be in Boston and wanted to visit. They dropped by tonight and it was really great to see them. Bob and Gloria moved into my ward for one year back in 1994. One of their daughters was married and one was on a mission and the other two, one 18 years old and one 15 years old--very begrudgingly--moved to Boston with them. I dropped by the night I thought they were arriving and they were in their house with no belongings after a long road trip from Bountiful (Utah). The womenfolk hated being in Boston and they hated Bob (for dragging them there). They had no bedding, no phone, no food, etc. I brought the girls over to my apartment and let them call their friends from my phones while I gathered bedding and some treats. They say I was an angel for showing up (on the darkest of days). I was so happy to have new friends (and a new Mia Maid--I was the YW president at the time). As awful as that year was and after all the places Bob dragged them to (they saw a lot in one year) they talk of that year in Boston with much fondness and they have been back to visit and they love New England! It was really fun to reminisce tonight about the year they lived here. Bob and Gloria are on their way to Maine for a few days (they've got good taste in states!) and I'm sure they will be back to visit again (and again, and again).

P.S. When they lived here we realized Bob and I had a common relative on the Goldsbrough side so since then I've called him "Goldsbrough".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's because you ARE an angel.
You were a shoe-in for RSP.

Robs said...

I can't believe they went without me. I would have loved to come. I'm glad you got to visit with them and take a stroll down memory lane! And yes Ellen--you are an angel. You honestly saved us that first night in Boston!

Kim said...

You are an angel. And they're a cute couple. Bet they have cute kids eh?

NatalieBee said...

Great picture of my parents Ellen. Thanks so much for taking such good care of them and my sisters. I don't think they would have made it with out you. They adore you, ya know. :)