Thursday, September 13, 2007

What is photographed in Vegas...

















My brother Chuck recently took this picture in Las Vegas (for me? BIG E?). I haven't been to Vegas in 20 years (since before it became family- and convention-friendly...). We always drove through Vegas on the way to visiting relatives in Utah. We'd stop for gas and try to get back on the highway without going down the Strip and it was impossible! They tricked you into going down the Strip and then you'd want to gamble or have lunch (Vegas is the land of the cheap buffet). The Greyhound bus always made a pit stop in Sin City. Vegas is not my favorite place but I like this picture!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Cool picture, and FYI I actually updated my blog tonight. Talking to you inspired me!

lauracita said...

don't believe the marketing hype. vegas is decidedly NOT kid-friendly. while some of the more nefarious activities have been moved off the strip, children still have ample opportunity to see/hear inappropriate behavior. i really can't believe people think of bringing their kids there now!

Leslie said...

They abandoned the "family vacation" campaign about 5 years ago. Now it's "Whatever happens in Vegas..." But if you ever go I have a whole family routine we do. It doesn't involve walking down the strip with teenage boys however. Babies and toddlers are great paper leaflet deterrents and they can't see the papers that litter the streets. Still, I drive from favorite spot to favorite spot.