Wednesday, September 26, 2007

VW buses













We had an orange VW bus (I guess that's pretty obvious from this picture). My brothers and I learned to drive in that car. The clutch in the bus wasn't easy to use and so when my older brother Robes learned to drive, the car lurched back and forth and back and forth while he was trying to ease the clutch out and go to the next gear. It was hilarious (not for him, I'm sure, but it was for his younger siblings). I remember being in the back seat laughing and laughing and laughing while he was trying to learn how to drive on the streets in our neighborhood. I laughed so hard that...well...I laughed so hard.













I saw this fabric a few months ago and thought it was really cool and decided to make my nephew some pajama pants for his birthday (which was a few weeks ago...). I started them last night and I finished them tonight. I thought Jamel would like something that reminded him of his dad.

















I sure hope they fit!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I love the photo of your family and the VW bus! What a classic!

Wendster said...

My ex's brother had a PRISTINE VW bus, and we used to all love to go riding in it.
Great days! But I sure was nervous whenever he would "threaten" to do "donuts" in it!

shellydinger said...

They look so great what pattern did you use? I love that fabric.