Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Redheads

I recently read a book review about "Not a Happy Camper" and it sounded like a good book so I checked it out from the library. It's a memoir about a girl's experience at sleepaway camp in Maine. I started it on the bus this morning. I smiled when I read this:

"The other campers' parents had sprung for airfare and the girls hadn't yet arrived from the airport. I was the first one in Bunk Three, just me and my counselor, the very redheaded Gita Isak. I wished I had red hair. People remember you."



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute Picture!

Sister Fallooon said...

Your blog is the first thing I look at when I turn my computer on at work. I always smile!

Melanie said...

I remember you!! But for more than just your hair. :-)

Diana said...

Cutie patootie!

Sarah said...

Red hair Rocks!

Melanie said...

I love redheads! But I am sorry to tell you, Ellen, that you're only 4th on our "favorite redheads" list... right behind our 3 kids.

Unknown said...

It isn’t just your hair color that makes you unforgettable!