Thursday, September 27, 2007

Brother/boyfriend
























My brother Robes and I were in college together for 2 1/2 years and for most of that time we lived in the same apartment complex (Roman Gardens). Two of our cousins lived in the complex also (the beginning of "Cousins Club"). I remember looking back on that time and realizing that we saw each other every day except one! I never would have predicted that! We ate lunch together on campus, we took turns cooking dinner for each other, we studied together, we would go together to visit our grandparents in Salt Lake City and we were in the same ward. Robes gave me a key to his VW bug and would let me borrow it. His gas gauge didn't work and sometimes I would borrow his car during the day to run errands (without asking...) and then he would run out of gas. Anyway, a girl in the complex once asked me if Robes was my boyfriend. I was shocked that anyone would think that and said to her, "look at us; we look so much alike." We weren't boyfriend and girlfriend even though we are holding hands in the first picture! The second picture was taken in February of 1997 when he was on a business trip to Boston.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Aww...that first photo is so sweet. I'm loving all the old photos lately!

Anonymous said...

Are you going through old photos? I'm noticing a theme....

amydear said...

Wish I had access to my growing up photos! My sister and I were roommates my first year of college. I think it helped make us the great friends we are today. People often asked Kyle if his sister was his girlfriend when she came to watch him play sports in high school. She is about 14 years older than he is!