Saturday, September 15, 2007

Surprise -- you're 40!














Tonight was a surprise 40th birthday party for my friend Jana. Her husband went all out. Great food, great games, great fun. Some family and friends shared stories about Jana and they were funny. If I had had a chance I would have told this story:

One night when I was visiting Jana she asked if I wanted to go to Wal*Mart with her. I don't live close to a Wal*Mart so jumped at the chance to go. We started out in the women's clothes section and I heard Jana say, "I see our future" and I looked over to see two old ladies shopping together. I hope we are still going shopping together in thirty years!

I met Jana nearly 17 years ago when they moved here for her husband to attend graduate school. Fortunately they have stayed in the area (except for a two year stint in England) and we still see other on a regular basis. It's been fun to watch her 5 kids grow up (she has 2 redheads!). Jana is one of my dearest friends and I am so happy that our paths crossed many years ago and for all the great memories we have!

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

I love the jumping picture! That's how I think all family pictures should look :)

Jodi and Jesse said...

eIt was a great party - thanks for being our photographer!!!

Jim and Lisa said...

I can't believe my old seminary teacher is 40!

Robs said...

Happy Birthday to Jana! Great picture of the kids. I seriously cannot believe Keaton and Riley are that old! Tell the Arbons hi for me!