Saturday, May 12, 2007

winter clothes/ice cream social














Today I sorted through my clothes and got all the winter things ready for bins in the crawl space. And, tonight was our church ice cream social.

I am in charge of activities for my ward so found myself shopping today for ice cream, root beer, cones, straws, etc. We almost devoured the 17 half gallons of ice cream! It was a bit chilly but still fun to be outside with friends enjoying root beer floats, frappes, and ice cream cones.

I grew up in Los Angeles where I say, "you just have clothes." You don't sort them and you don't move them. You can basically wear the same things year round. Needless to say, when I moved to Boston (nearly 19 years ago) my wardrobe was pathetic. I had one coat that was basically useless. It was wool but not really warm enough for winter and was not a good rain coat. It took a few years but I've got the right kind of clothes now. I have this theory about coats and someday I'm going to write about it. In the meantime, I've got my sweaters and coats packed away and I enjoyed a nice raspberry oreo frappe (that's a shake for those of you west of Worcester) tonight!
A little winter...a little summer...

3 comments:

Wendster said...

West of Wooster! That's me. Yup. We just have clothes here in L.A. Confirmed. When I visited Boston I noticed that you all have proper socks: WOOL socks. (and flannel lined jeans! I love those!) I was there in the fall and thought I would never thaw! Brrrr. I can't even imagine winter.

Melanie said...

Ooh, I had forgotten about Turkey Hill ice cream. Chocolate peanut butter swirl is amazing! I haven't found anything close to that good here in GA.

Jolene George said...

I want to be the acticities person for my new ward. I love that calling.
Here in AZ there really are no winter clothes. :o)