Friday, May 04, 2007

Gettin' ready

I've got company coming (7 guests!) in two weeks for the Brain Tumor Society bike ride and some other festivities so I've been cleaning/tidying the place up gettin' ready for their arrival. I'm very excited because some of my guests haven't seen my sweet condo. Tonight while waiting for friends to visit I decided to quickly clean out my freezer. Imagine my surprise when I found three (3) pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream that expired in 2005! And surrounding the ice cream were eleven (11) jars of homemade freezer jam!! If I don't watch out I'm going to be labeled a hoarder.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

So... Are the ice cream containers empty now because you threw the ice cream out, or because you ate it? Cherry Garcia does sound kinda yummy, even if it IS two years old.

Swoopref said...

no wonder why its still in there... it's coffee flavored!

balmforth.family said...

Have fun with your company. I am sure they would eat your ice cream even if it is two years old. Ben and Jerry's never goes bad! Although Mike says eating it wouldn't be being "safe with your body!" :-)

jksfam said...

When did you move to the condo? It doesn't seem that long ago. Did the ice cream make the move with you? I wouldn't label you a hoarder - you're always giving stuff away!

Wendster said...

In the freezer? That means it's good!
ha.
Wendy

Elisabeth said...

I would have eaten it anyway, even if it was 2 years old!
E

Anonymous said...

The photo is of empty containers... what happened to the ice cream in it? And how did you go two (2) years without eating it? I'm ashamed!

florida sweetp said...

funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish i could have eaten some of that "toddler"
icecream.