Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Everyone's gone

I made my last trip to the airport this afternoon. All my visitors are gone. I've been trying to tidy up and clean and get things back in order but it's too quiet. The weekend was wonderful and I enjoyed the noise and energy of 8 extra people!
My sister-in-law Kim is amazing when it comes to fixing things. She used to write a monthly newspaper column for the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel about home repairs! She was very helpful this weekend. She helped me with some new shelves that I bought. I threw some things on them tonight so I could send her a picture of how they look. Now I'm looking for some sort of cabinet to go under the shelves (red possibly?). I may go antiqueing this weekend.

I've enjoyed my vacation! I'm sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow...and that I got PAINT on my FAVORITE jeans (how did that happen???).

2 comments:

jksfam said...

I'm glad that you had fun with your visitors! Sounds like you all had a great time! Sorry about the jeans! I hate when that happens! Congratulations on the temple, too!

Melanie said...

I love how you have arranged everything on the shelves; you truly have a good eye for that sort of thing!!

Is it water based paint? It might not be too late for the jeans. Try soaking the spot with some mineral spirits; it should loosen up the latex enough to pull off the paint.