Sunday, May 06, 2007

When you get out of church at 6:30pm...

...you need some quick and easy dinner recipes! Tonight some good friends came over for dinner and I made Finnish Pancakes. Now I'm sure some of you know them as "German Pancakes", "Swedish Pancakes" or just plain "Pan Pancakes". My Finnish friend Mimmu Hartiala Sloan shared her recipe with me so to me they are "Finnish Pancakes".

Here's the recipe and a picture.

Finnish Pancakes
Put a half a stick of butter in a roasting pan in the oven set at 425. While it is melting, put the following ingredients in a blender: 5 eggs, milk until you reach the 3 cup line, a wee bit of sugar (about 1/4 cup), about a half teaspoon of salt and 1½ cups flour. Blend and pour into the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until brown.

9 comments:

Jim and Lisa said...

Oooh...these are good. I remember having them at your house! Carrie and I loved them.

jksfam said...

So sorry about getting out of church at 6:30! We go at 8:00 in the morning. UGH! Just like a school day, right?!? Yes, except I am never ready when the boys go to school - and neither are the twins. Plus we have to leave around 7:30 to get a decent seat. Fun times!

Wendster said...

Looks like a cool fluffy s ... how do you spell SUE FLAY? Soufle? Looks like soo full. ha. Well ... I can't spell it but it looks like one anyways.

Anonymous said...

We have these for breakfast.. pannakaku... you can mix the batter up the night (or morning) before. Yum!

Melanie said...

Do you put anything on those when you eat them? They look like they would be good with whipped creme and strawberries!!

Blackeyedsue said...

Mine never look that pretty. I am so excited to have a new recipe to try!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

lauracita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauracita said...

I am officially disappointed that I learned about the contest when it was ending. Harumph. Those Finnish pancakes look mighty good, though. But is a 1/4 cup of sugar really a "wee bit"? YUM DOLL!!!

Anonymous said...

Try sprinkling it with nutmeg when you remove it from the oven!