Friday, May 25, 2007

Congrats, Sister!!!














My friend Kristen ("Sister") graduated from New England School of Law today. This is a picture of Kristen with her husband Lein.

Kristen and I met working at Bay State Skills Corporation in Boston in the 90's. We soon realized we both were raised in So. Cal., graduated from BYU, moved to Boston on our own and loved See's candy! We used to email funny things to each other every day and called it our "daily devo" (as in devotional). We've enjoyed movies, eating out, getting ice cream, going on bike rides, hiking, and meeting for H.C. (hot chocolate) after work in the winter. Kristen ran the Boston Marathon a few years and I was at Mile 19 cheering for her, inspired by her determination. She's always willing to read/edit my writing. She's always willing to listen to me vent about life or share my funny stories. She gives me her hand-me-downs (nice!!). She's been a supportive, caring and loyal friend. She's the friend that said she'd give me a pound of chocolate chips a month if I blog every day until she takes the bar exam in July! And so I blog and blog and blog some more!

You look brilliant in purple velvet! Sister, I'm proud of you!!!

1 comment:

Wendster said...

Kristen, thank you for challenging Ellen to blog every day. I enjoy this blog so much and haven't missed a post since I found her this Spring. So, Ellen, if I promise you chocolate chips will you continue to post your fabulous photos and posts for another year?