Monday, May 14, 2007

Coolpix/culprit

I'm still dealing with my computer problems. I've reloaded some software but nothing seems to be working the way it used to work (it takes 35 seconds for Word to open). Very frustrating...to say the least. I also have major hot synching issues with my Palm Pilot; I can't get it to work.

Then last week I got my Palm Pilot out of my purse and turned it on and it was empty. Totally empty. Addresses were gone (lots of them). My list of blogs and photography sites were gone. My list of books to read was gone. I had been tracking my blood pressure and all that data was gone too (I'm sure my BP is UP now...). I re-set the Palm Pilot a few times -- which has worked in the past -- and it is still empty. I'm hanging onto the hope that there is a version backed up on my external drive or I'll be typing everything in from the last list I printed in December (and I've entered a lot of data since then).

On Sunday I dumped out the contents of my lime green messenger bag and started to put things in my red purse and this is what I found. I didn't think much of it until a few hours later...when I realized that the magnet on my stupid camera case probably came in contact with my Palm Pilot and ZAPPED all my data.

Moral of this story: I hate this new small camera and am returning it on Wednesday.

6 comments:

Wendster said...

Ooooh! Can I ever relate to your plight. My brother erased my pc's memory COMPLETELY when he tried to increase my pc's memory ... nothing was retrievable after that. I lost everything. The good news is: The important stuff shows up again.
Sorry about your rotten palm pilot day. Wendy

Anonymous said...

Sorry...

Melanie said...

That is AWFUL! You need to find some supergeek there on the MIT campus to help you get everything back... I hope it's all there somewhere.

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH ELLEN! I am SO SORRY!!!! I hope that you are able to retrieve some of your data...that is a complete nightmare. I too haven't had any of my favorites and therefore haven't been able to visit any of my fave blogs (including yours)...but that was because I don't have them on my new laptop yet...and not because I lost them. You have made me resolve to saving everything into word docs, onto our external hard drive and on CDs!!!!!

Swoopref said...

Do not worry about that list. All your true friends are right here... there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Swoopref said...

Do not worry about that list. All your true friends are right here... there's no place like home, there's no place like home.