Thursday, May 24, 2007

Read-a-Thon













I'm juggling three library books right now and they are all good. I really enjoyed the part about the woman's time in Italy from "Eat Pray Love". I just started "The Knitting Circle" today and it's very good. "Talking with My Mouth Full" is funny and has some good recipes in it. Here is something from the "Taking Potluck" chapter:

Miss Manners does not approve of the potluck. "How did the charmingly homely phrase 'potluck' come to stand for such an unfortunate situation?" she asks. She says, and I paraphrase, that potluck used to mean come on over for family dinner, nothing fancy, take your chances. Now, she says, it's come to mean: We consider it too much trouble and expense to make any effort for you, so if you want to eat with us at our house bring your own food."

I got a good laugh from that!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm going to try not to make any typos or grammatical errors.... wish me luck. How can you read three books at once? I can only manage one at a time and it consumes me for a day or so until it's done.

Justine said...

I am always on the hunt for another good book for my nightstand. Thanks for the tips!