Sunday, March 11, 2007

What is your favorite hymn?

A few weeks ago I filled out a survey asking what my three favorite hymns were. Today in church instead of names for speakers the program said: Hymns Selected by the Congregation

There was an introduction to the meeting which included some statistics about which hymns were the top favorites. #1 for the men was I Need The Every Hour so all the men stood and sang a few verses of that song. #1 for the women was Because I Have Been Given Much and all the women stood and sang a few verses of that song. Then the meeting was opened up for people to share what their favorite song was and why followed by the congregation singing a few verses of the song. I think about 15 people participated. The closing song was The Spirit of God which got the most votes.

My favorite part of the meeting was when a little boy named Ben (he's probably 7 years old) stood up and said, "My favorite hymn is I Am a Child of God because when I sing it I know that I am."

2 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

What a great idea! (Did it offset the pain of "mass" being at midnight?)

African Kelli said...

Very good question... I am thinking this one over.