Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lemon dessert











I've had a hankerin' for a lemon dessert since reading about Kelli baking some lemon treats. Tonight I made a lemon dessert that Grandmother Pitchforth used to make and that I included in a recipe book I made in her memory one hundred years from her birth (March 21, 1898). Tomorrow I may try making lemon bars.

The dessert is chillin' in the fridge and I can't wait to devour it.


Lemon Dessert
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup sugar
juice and rind of 2 lemons

Cook in double boiler after water boils first. It will thicken in 3 minutes. Cool. Mix with 1/2 pint whipped whipping cream. Spread over crushed vanilla wafers. Refrigerate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Grandma recipe book. My favorite from it is the Mandarin Orange cake. A few weeks ago Darlene called and wanted a quick, fast cake to make. I sent her to the Grandma book and Mandarin Orange!!!
Cousin Anita

Alb said...

Hey Ellen,
How do I get a copy of the Grandmother Pitchforth recipe book? Are they for sell to extended family members? My mouth is salivating at the thought.
Your Utar cuz

Lisa Michelle said...

Ellen, that looks SOOOOOO divine!! Enjoy it!!

smart mama said...

ellen you alwyas have such tasty pics- it hink you might like food as much as i do...

Melanie said...

That dessert looks good. Lemon desserts are my favorite. Looks like Grandmother Pitchforth also shares a birthday of the 21st of March with me, my chiropractor, and J.S. Bach!! And spring!!!

African Kelli said...

Yum! it's like lemon curd with cookies. SO good!