Saturday, March 31, 2007

Charles/MGH














If you've lived in Boston you probably know that the Charles/MGH T station has been under construction for quite some time. When I worked at MGH I heard many times that the subway station was next to one of the most famous hospitals in the country and yet was not handicap accessible. An embarrassment. Well, after several years of extensive renovation that's not the case anymore. The grand opening of the station was this week. I've been wanting to check it out so today during lunch I walked from MIT over the Longfellow Bridge and into the new Charles/MGH T station. It has an elevator! It has an escalator! It's pretty spiffy and impressive. I happily rode the escalator, waited on the platform, took the subway one stop to Kendall Square and walked back to work.

I grew up in L.A., a place with lots of things to see and do. My older brother Robes always said, "We did everything there was to do in L.A. twice." My mom and dad took us to beaches, malls, museums, sporting events, special events, parades, concerts, plays, movies, grand openings, restaurants and more. The Pattons have an adventurous spirit and love for where they live.

The adventurous spirit lives on and I'm trying to do everything there is to do in Boston twice!

2 comments:

jksfam said...

And take lots of others along with you!!! (Kimballs is probably in the thousands of times range by now, I'm sure!) Thanks for some fun memories!

Swoopref said...

Don`t do the Freedom Trail twice... its too much walking.