Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The dentist and the dollar






















Last night my gums were bothering me. Today I could move something on one of my teeth with my tongue. How serendipitous that I had a dentist appointment at 4:30pm today. The dentist said, "Your tooth is cracked." Then he pulled half of it out. I'll need to have the other half extracted, followed by getting an implant and a crown.

I'm trying to look on the bright side and not focus on how much this is going to cost me. Let's see...I'm glad the part of the tooth he removed was on the inside so I don't look like a hillbilly...

Neighborly Neighbor heard about my plight and sent her daughter over with this. At first I thought she was giving me money back from some groceries I paid her for last night and then I noticed the note on the bottom and it made me smile.

















At least it's not a toothless smile like I had when I was 7.

5 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Those "vintage" photos are priceless! Here's to hoping your dentist still uses laughing gas!

Kal said...

Heh heh.

Elisabeth said...

What a super-cute family! And what a nice neighbor,
E

African Kelli said...

What a great sense of humor your neighbor has!

Anonymous said...

its my birthday yayyayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!
sb
i love your blog