Monday, March 05, 2007

B is for Burp

Tonight I watched my friend's three kids. The two older ones were asleep. The baby was kind of fussy. I rocked her. I swaddled her. I un-swaddled her. Still fussy. I walked her around. I turned the lights out. I turned the lights on. Still fussy. I picked her up. I put her down. I repeatedly gave her the pacifier. Still fussy. I put her in a little swing. I turned on the music and colored lights. I turned off the music and colored lights. Still fussy. You get the picture. Was she teething? I didn't smell anything but did she need her diaper to be changed? Was she mad? Did she have separation anxiety? Did she hate me?!

Mary Poppins was getting frustrated! I took the baby out of the swing and stood her up in front of me and then...she burped...and smiled...and made cute little baby noises...and sucked on her pacifier...and played with a toy...and was totally fine.

Ahhhhhhh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary Poppins...we love you!

Melanie said...

I wish that worked for me!!