Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The three C's

In alphabetical order they are: camera, car, computer

And they are all in need of repair.

I wasn't sure I wanted to dump more money into my Canon 10D (it cost me $239 to repair the automatic focus in January) but decided to spend the $148 to fix a spring (that makes the automatic focus not work). I'm not ready to buy a new DSLR. It's in the shop so I feel a bit stranded without a digital camera (I loaned my niece my small digital camera for her Europe trip and it should arrive any day now). I wanted to take a photo of the sign at the restaurant I ate at last night with friends. [Shrimp tacos. Yum!] I need my camera with me. At. all. times.

The tailpipe on my car sounds very LOUD. Is it about to fall off? Can I blame the streets of Boston? The last time I took my car in I had a list of 6 things for them to look at/repair. There is water leaking into the passenger seat. They told me "there are cars newer than yours that have that problem". I don't doubt it. This time I'll have to be clear and say "FIX IT!"

And, last-but-not-least, my computer turns itself off now and then and when I reboot it I see this extremely disturbing message: Alert! Previous shutdown due to thermal event. I'm trying to organize things on my computer so it's all backed up, just in case that thermal event means death to my Dell.

9 comments:

Diana said...

Ruh-roh, Rorge. You are having PROBLEMS, sister!

Unknown said...

I have a list like that too. That means I am driving around with No AC and reminding myself that we will only have summer for 3 more weeks!

Unknown said...

The three Cs are going to need some serious $$$s. (bummer)

Becky said...

bad things DO come in 3'. sorry. :(

Swoopref said...

Thermal Event = Engine 4 responding

Sachiko said...

Oh, no... those are important C's! I don't think I can drop any of them. There is always something that needs repairing or buying isn't there? I guess that is part of life.

Hannah said...

oh, gosh! that is quite the list! i am so sorry!

Wayne said...

OK, the next webpage I looked at after reading this post was here: http://thereifixedit.com/2009/08/11/epic-kludge-photo-and-i-thought-my-fan-was-loud/

That would probably fix the thermal event.

Jane D. said...

Your computer symptoms sound like one of the trojans now circulating. Sure you have a "thermal event"?