Saturday, August 08, 2009

Market Basket angel

I was out-and-about today running errands and helping a friend pick up a chair from craigslist and decided to stop at Market Basket on my way home. I was almost done shopping and reached into my purse and my wallet wasn't there. I immediately remembered that my friend and I had stopped at a bakery and I had taken my wallet inside and must have tossed it onto the floor of her car and not into my purse. Thank goodness I had seen my friend Cami in one of the aisles while grocery shopping. I decided to forget adding watermelon to my cart and chased Cami down and asked if she would pay for my groceries and I'd give her a check tomorrow at church. Maybe that was nervy of me but I didn't want to ditch my cart of groceries (get my wallet and go back--ugh!) and she knows where I live. Cami is my Market Basket angel!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Totally no problem- I'm just glad I was just in the right place at the right time to help out a fellow Market Basketeer.

Since I'm pretty much famous now that I've been featured on the widely read EP blog, I'll be signing autographs at church tomorrow during the second hour. :)

Becky said...

that was SA-WEET! I totally would've done the same thing...does that make me nervy too?

M & S said...

I've run into Cami at MB too! She is an angel.

gigi said...

She's right, she was at the right place at the right time :) Lucky you.

Elisabeth said...

I agree, Cami is great!

BunchesofBradys said...

Cami is just plain cool...that's all there is to it!