Thursday, August 06, 2009

China 1999 memories

Ten years ago this month I spent two weeks in China. My friend Jennifer was adopting her second daughter from China and invited me to go with her. She said I was good in groups, wouldn't tell her what to do with the baby, and I can't remember the third reason she invited me! It was an adventure! There were 7 families from the Boston area in our group. It was so wonderful to be part of this amazing experience. I took 55 rolls of film on that trip and during this month to celebrate the 10th anniversary of traveling to China I'm going to share some of my favorite photos.


















This photo was taken outside the city orphanage in Nanning (where 3 of the girls had been living) and makes me think of friendship.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Love it! Now your right down my alley. Come back and visit!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Wow! You always have such great adventures!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Becky said...

That's so cool that you got to go. Thanks for visiting me you awesome RS you! The cookies were gone in a flash after you left...that's what happens when boys are around. Ben ate the rest of 'em.